We hope everyone is staying safe and healthy! Our team is available to support you through this time of uncertainty through telephone or email. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us!
If you are feeling anxious or just plain cooped up we have 7 ideas to keep you busy and feeling your best:
- Go for a walk! As long as you and your walking companions are staying six feet apart you a practicing good social distancing. Remember that New Mexico State Parks are closed, however; local Albuquerque parks are open. You can see what Mayor Keller said about park closure here. Fresh air always does the body good!
- Do a breathing exercise. Practicing mindful breathing has proven impacts on stress levels and overall wellbeing. There are many wonderful apps for meditation and mindful breathing. Here is a link to a 30-second video that can guide you through a short breathing exercise.
- If the weather isn’t great stay inside, turn up your favorite jam and dance out. This is especially fun if you have kids at home! It is a great stress reliever that everyone can enjoy!
- Call, FaceTime or Zoom a friend! Many people are feeling isolated right now and talking with a friend is likely to lift both of your spirits! Better yet, include a few friends in the conversation. Many people all over the country are taking part in virtual happy hours, book clubs, and so many other virtual meetings. Try to set one up with your neighbors or friends.
- Exercise releases endorphins which helps you feel happier and less stressed. All of us could use a little of that right now. Many gyms are closed, but a number of online services like this one are giving away free trials. There are videos that require minimal to no equipment to get a good workout in.
- Try creating something! Many people are feeling restless and reasonably worried about work, money, or health right now. Putting your hands to work and creating something can help your mind take a break while also giving you an outlet so you still feel productive. Maybe you have a project you’ve been wanting to finish, now’s a great time! If you can’t think of something specific to work on, or maybe think you aren’t the most creative, hands-on tasks like paint by numbers can be a blast.
- Spring has sprung! Which means spring cleaning is upon us. Whether you use spring cleaning as an excuse to watch Tidying Up by Marie Kondo on Netflix or you are a Kon Marie legend yourself now would be a perfect time to tidy up. Start simple by picking one area, like your closet, that could use some TLC.